Coordinator: Tanya Meyer, Yolo County Resource Conservation District
Ag Commissioner: Humberto Izquierdo, 530-666-8140
Mapping contact: Tanya Meyer, Yolo RCD, 530-661-1688 x 20 firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings: Two times per year (Spring and Fall) usually in Norton Hall, 70 Cottonwood St., Woodland
Currently on Zoom
- YCWMA webpage: Yolo County Weed Management Area – Yolo County Resource Conservation District (yolorcd.org)
- Fighting the Weed Wildfire brochure
- Two WMA meetings with training and information for local agencies and private landowners with over 45 participants each year.
Mapping small populations of noxious weeds in Yolo County
- Using CalFlora, WMA members can map small populations of weeds to help build a strategic plan for weed work in Yolo County.
Perennial pepperweed treatment in vernal pools at Grasslands Park
- With partners, Yolo County RCD, Yolo County Parks, and Yolo County Department of Agriculture, Yolo WMA reduced perennial pepperweed infestations in vernal pools. This work is protecting threatened and endangered species in these pools.
Early Detection Rapid Response in County Parks
- WMA funds were used to treat small populations of noxious weeds in the Putah Creek Fishing Access sites and the Cache Creek Regional Parks. Treated weeds include perennial pepperweed, fennel, purple star thistle, poison hemlock, tree tobacco and small populations of Himalayan blackberry. Some of these populations are small enough to be hand-pulled.
Micro-treatment of noxious weeds
- WMA funds were used to treat small populations of red sesbania, silver leaf horsenettle, Russian knapweed and wooly distaff thistle on private property around the county.
Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) Signatory Organizations
- Cache Creek Conservancy
- California Department of Fish and Game, Yolo Bypass Wildlife Area
- California Department of Food and Agriculture
- California Department of Transportation (Caltrans)
- City of Davis Open Space
- Community Alliance with Family Farmers
- Lower Putah Creek Coordinating Committee
- Putah Creek Council
- Sierra Railroad
- Solano County Water Agency
- University of California, Davis Cooperative Extension
- UC Davis Putah Creek Riparian Reserve
- USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation
- Yolo Basin Foundation
- Yolo County Department of Agriculture
- Yolo County Parks Division
- Yolo County Flood Control and Water Conservation District
- Yolo County Planning and Public Works
- Yolo County Resource Conservation District