Coordinator: Tanya Meyer, Yolo County Resource Conservation District
Ag Commissioner: John Young, 530-666-8140
Mapping contact: Tanya Meyer, Yolo RCD, 530-661-1688 x 20, email@example.com
Meetings: Two times per year (April and September) in Norton Hall, 70 Cottonwood St., Woodland
- Fighting the Weed Wildfire brochure
- Two WMA meetings for local agencies and private landowners with over 45 participants each year.
Mapping small populations of noxious weeds in Yolo County
- Using CalFlora, WMA members can map small populations of weeds to help build a strategic plan for weed work in Yolo County.
Perennial pepperweed treatment in vernal pools at Grasslands Park
- With partners, Yolo County RCD, Yolo County Parks, and Yolo County Department of Agriculture, Yolo WMA reduced perennial pepperweed infestations in vernal pools. This work is protecting threatened and endangered species in these pools.
Early Detection Rapid Response in County Parks
- WMA funds are being used to treat small populations of noxious weeds in the Putah Creek Fishing Access sites and the Cache Creek Regional Parks. Treated weeds include perennial pepperweed, fennel, purple star thistle, poison hemlock, tree tobacco and small populations of Himalayan blackberry. Some of these populations are small enough to be hand-pulled.
Micro-treatment of noxious weeds
- WMA funds are being used to treat small populations of red sesbania, silver leaf horsenettle, Russian knapweed and wooly distaff thistle on private property around the county.
Organizations on WMA’s MOU
- California Department of Fish and Game, Yolo Bypass Wildlife Area
- California Department of Food and Agriculture
- California Department of Transportation (Caltrans)
- City of Davis Parks
- Dow AgroSciences
- University of California, Davis Cooperative Extension
- USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Yolo County Department of Agriculture
- Yolo County Cattlemen and Wool Growers Association
- Yolo County Parks
- Yolo County Farm Bureau
- Yolo County Flood Control and Water Conservation District
- Yolo County Planning and Public Works
- Yolo County Resource Conservation District
Other regular participants
- Cache Creek Conservancy
- Capay Valley Water Users
- City of Woodland
- California Native Plant Society
- Dunnigan Water District
- Putah Creek Council
- Solano County Water Agency
- UC Davis Agronomy and Range Science
- UC Davis, Public Service Research Program
- USDA Aquatic Research
- Yolo Basin Foundation