Chair: Carlos Ortiz, Deputy Agricultural Commissioner for Imperial County
General contact: Carlos Ortiz at 760-482-4314, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mapping contact: Rachel Nilson at 760- 482-4314,
Meetings: Held two to three times a year in El Centro
Imperial County Weed Management Area
- The WMA hosts a booth at the County Fair and gives presentations to schools and other organizations as requested.
Integrated Management of Puncturevine and
- The WMA is working to stop the spread of pucturevine and johnsongrass from infested areas into non infested areas in Imperial County through the use of integrated weed management techniques. The WMA will contain and seek the eradication of any A-rated or Q-rated noxious weed that is detected during our weed survey and activities.
Imperial County Weed Mapping Project
- Weeds of concern to the Imperial County WMA will be recorded on a digital GIS map with the purpose of tracking the distribution of these weeds and to assess the control methods.
Organizations on WMA’s MOU
- California Department of Fish and Game
- California Department of Transportation
- California Department of Food and Agriculture
- Imperial County Agricultural Commissioner’s office
- Imperial Irrigation District
- UC Cooperative Extension, Imperial County