Registration is now closed. We look forward to “seeing” our community online this week at the 2020 Cal-IPC Symposium Online, Oct. 27-30.
Connect with colleagues from across the state – and beyond – to get the latest updates on effective tools, relevant research, and strategic management approaches. During the week of Oct. 27-30, we’ll have session talks, discussion groups, and posters covering a wide range of topics related to invasive plant biology and management.
Participate in session talks, discussion groups, and posters covering a wide range of topics related to invasive plant biology and management. Our online format will include opportunities to chat with sponsors/exhibitors, engage during discussion groups, talk to poster presenters, and create video meetups with friends and colleagues.
- Keynote: Dan Simberloff on “Invasive Species Denialism and the Future of Invasion Management”
- Fire, Weeds, and Forest Pests
- The Future of Invasive Plant Management is Landscape-scale and Collaborative
- Innovations in Tracking Invasive Plants
- Statewide WMA Meeting – Join representatives from California’s Weed Management Areas (WMAs) to learn about securing grants, designing projects, researching plants, selecting tools, reporting finds, acquiring permits, and engaging communities.
- Herbicide Laws & Regulations – Session designed to provide 2 hours DPR credit
- Early Career Panel – Students and early-career professionals, learn more about careers in weed management with representatives from non-profits, academia, consulting firms, and government agencies.
- Virtual Poster Session – Join in discussion with poster presenters.
- Online Exhibitor Gallery – Connect with sponsors and exhibitors.
- Online Auction – Bid on items to help support Cal-IPC programs.
Dr. Daniel Simberloff is the Gore Hunger Professor of Environmental Studies at the University of Tennessee and a leading voice for invasion biology worldwide. Along with some 500 publications on ecology, biogeography, evolution, and conservation biology he is Editor-in-Chief of the journal Biological Invasions and author of the book Invasive Species: What Everyone Needs to Know.
Return policy: Please purchase carefully. No refunds.
Return to the Symposium Landing Page