2018 Symposium Registration
Registration is now open! We look forward to seeing you in Monterey.
Cal-IPC Members receive discounted registration. If you are not a current Cal-IPC Member, you can still receive the discounted rate by joining or renewing before completing the registration process.
Optional Training Sessions on Wednesday, Nov. 7, 1-5pm ($50 Members/$75 Non-Members)
- Invasive Plant Management 101
- Calflora’s Weed Manager
- Best Management Practices for Controlling Phytophthora in Restoration
Optional Field Trips on Saturday, Nov. 10 (prices vary)
- From bombs to biodiversity: Visit Fort Ord National Monument to learn about 20 years of invasive weeds, habitat restoration, coastal grassland grazing and maritime chaparral fire ecology. (Full day, $50)
- Salt water to fresh water and everything in between: Visit the beautiful and biologically rich wetlands of Monterey Bay. We will kayak in Elkhorn Slough and visit with Watsonville Wetlands Watch, spending the day learning about programs to protect and restore coastal wetland and upland habitats. (Full day, $75 covers cost of kayak)
- From char to verdant: Visit the Mitteldorf Preserve, which was completely burned during the 1,000+ acre Soberanes Fire. We will discuss our observations based on our second year of vegetation monitoring, and discuss our efforts to curtail invasive plant invasions. (Half day, $30)
- Righting the upside-down river: Visit a cutting-edge partnership between RCD Monterey County, TNC, large agricultural operations, and government agencies to restore the Salinas River and abate one of the state’s largest Arundo donax problems. This is a rare opportunity to visit private lands and explore the unique ecosystem of the Salinas River. (Half day, $30)
2018 Pricing Information
Dates: Last day for early-bird pricing is Sept. 15. Last day for regular pricing is Oct. 31. After that, please register at the door.
Member: $325 early bird / $350 regular / $370 late
Non-Member: $375 early bird / $400 regular / $420 late
Student: $50 early bird / $65 regular / $80 late (in degree program or up to 1 year post graduation, student travel awards will be available for application in June)
Symposium Volunteer: $220 (5 hours of help at the event; limited spots available, must be approved by Cal-IPC staff)
Presenter discount: $25 (one person per paper or poster)
Return to the Symposium Landing Page