Save the date! Oct. 15-18, 2019 in Riverside.
Registration will open in spring. We look forward to seeing you.
Cal-IPC Members receive discounted registration. Join now and get the discount!
Schedule for 2019:
Tues., Oct. 15: Training Sessions (Optional, some with added fee)
- 9 am – Noon: WMA Statewide Meeting (no cost)
- 1 – 5 pm: Calflora Weed Manager ($50 members/$75 non-members)
- 1 – 5 pm: BMPs for Planning Your Organization’s Invasive Plant Management ($50 members/$75 non-members)
- 5 – 6:30 pm: Dinner break/Convention Center reception (no cost)
- 6:30 – 8:30 pm: Laws and Regs (no cost)
- 6:30 – 8:30 pm: Discussion on Engaging Diversity (no cost)
Wed. & Thurs., Oct. 16-17: Main Conference & Sessions
Fri., Oct. 18: Field Trips (Optional, added fee)
- Santa Rosa Plateau (Full day, $50) – Experience a unique ecological mosaic caused by basaltic soil beneath perennial grasslands, oak woodland, coastal sage scrub, and vernal pools, with discussion of Native American history and current grassland management tools.
- Santa Ana River and Tributaries (Full day, $50) – From wild pigs to homeless sites, urban rivers face unique challenges for restoration. Tamarisk, Arundo, fountaingrass, and Saharan mustard are being controlled along tributaries and higher in the watershed.
- Mill Creek Canyon (Half day, $25) – Partners working together to control tree-of-heaven and Spanish broom, support successful post-fire recovery, and collaborate with the community.
We will apply to the Cal. Dept. of Pesticide Regulation for continuing education units for licensed applicators, including 2 hours of Laws & Regulations. Number of units will be posted on this page as soon as they are available.
- Member: $320 early bird / $345 regular / $345 late
- Non-Member: $370 early bird / $395 regular / $420 late
- Presenter: $295 early bird / $320 regular / $345 late
- Student: $50 early bird / $65 regular / $80 late (in degree program or 1 year post grad)
- Student Presenter: $25 early bird / $40 regular / $55 late
- Symposium Volunteer: $195 (while space lasts, 5 hours work expected, with approval of Cal-IPC staff in advance)
Registration includes: Tues. evening reception, Laws & Regs session or discussion, all sessions Wed. & Thurs., breakfast, lunch, and banquet dinner on Wed., breakfast Thurs., Full-day Field Trips include lunch.
Refund policy: Full refund to requests received by Sept. 17. A partial refund of 50% will be given to requests received by Sept. 24. No refunds after Sept. 24.
Return to the Symposium Landing Page