Celebrate Cal-IPC’s 30-Year Anniversary Symposium: Oct. 26-29, 2021.
Connect with colleagues from across the state – and beyond – to get the latest updates on effective tools, relevant research, and strategic management approaches. Registration button at the bottom of this page.
Join session talks, discussion groups, and posters covering a wide range of topics related to invasive plant biology and management. Chat with sponsors/exhibitors, engage during discussion groups, talk to poster presenters, and meet with friends and colleagues.
- Invasive plant management to protect biodiversity in California and beyond
- Strengthening conservation by broadening community access
- Lesson learned from 30 years of invasive plant management
- New mapping tools to increase project effectiveness
- Statewide WMA Meeting – Representatives from California’s Weed Management Areas (WMAs) shared information about securing grants, designing projects, researching plants, selecting tools, reporting finds, acquiring permits, and engaging communities.
- Herbicide Laws & Regulations – Session designed to provide 2 hours DPR credit
- Early Career Panel – Students and early-career professionals, learn more about careers in weed management with representatives from non-profits, academia, consulting firms, and government agencies.
- Poster Session – Join in discussion with poster presenters.
- Exhibitor Gallery – Connect with sponsors and exhibitors.
Note: Once we have the Agenda set, we will be applying for appropriate DPR Continuing Education Credits for Symposium sessions. Last year, we were able to provide 13.5 hours of “Other” credit in addition to the designated 2 hour “Laws and Regs” session. Updates will be posted as they are available.
STUDENT CONTESTS & SCHOLARSHIPS
Student presenters who choose to participate in our student contests for talks and posters receive feedback from expert reviewers. Cash prizes are awarded to top presenters!
Rates: Early Bird through Aug. 20/ Regular through Oct. 15 / Late through Oct. 25. Registration closes Oct. 25, 5pm.
Member: $75 early bird / $100 regular / $125 late
Non-Member: $100 early bird / $125 regular / $150 late
Student Member: $25 early bird / $40 regular / $55 late
Student Non-Member: $40 early bird / $55 regular / $70 late
Presenter: $25 early bird / $40 regular / $55 late
Student Presenter: $0 early bird / $15 regular / $30 late
Limited income: $0 (see below)
- Charge for DPR continuing education credits: $50
- Discount for attending SERCAL or CNGA: Subtract $25, (Discount code needed)
- Limited income: Cal-IPC is committed to creating equitable access to our resources. This free rate is designed for members of our community who are on very limited income. Please fill out our survey form so we can report audience demographics to funders who support efforts to expand our audiences. The data gathered is completely anonymous, but may be shared in aggregate form. Discount code for this rate is in the survey form.
Are you a member? Sign to the Cal-IPC membership portal to take advantage of member discounts.
LOG IN to REGISTER (Members)
Return to the Symposium Landing Page