The Call for Abstracts will open in spring. We look forward to hearing about your work!
Presenters at the Cal-IPC Symposium provide a popular and diverse educational forum for the California land management community.
Lightning talk presenters should expect to submit prerecorded presentations. Cal-IPC will supply guidance to support speakers for online presentations and instructions for recording presentations and submitting posters prior to the event. Speakers must be available online for Q&A after their presentation. Poster and lightning talk presenters must be present online for the poster and lightning talk sessions.
We welcome presentations on all aspects of invasive plant biology and management, including:
- Forest pests, weeds, and fire
- The role of invasive plant management in recovery and resilience
- Management lessons learned from projects across California and beyond
- Management tools and techniques
- Ecology of invasive plants
- Productive partnerships
- Moving toward equity in conservation
- Management planning, mapping, and prioritization
- And more!
Tips for Presenters:
Presentations at the Cal-IPC Symposium are selected to provide a useful and diverse educational forum. Each presentation should:
- Connect how the speaker’s management experience or research results may be used by attendees
- Clearly define goals and rationale
- Describe specifics about treatment (for instance, application rate of an herbicide)
- Talks and posters may not promote commercial products or services (promotional materials can be distributed by a sponsor in exhibit spaces or sponsor “gallery”).
- The Society for Conservation Biology has useful tips for preparing conference abstracts and presentations (scroll down the page).
- Presentations from previous Symposia are available in the Symposium archive.
We post PDF files of talks on our website unless you ask us not to when you turn yours in.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Thank you for helping to strengthen the California stewardship community!
Return to the Symposium Landing Page