Congrats to the winners of the 2019 Cal-IPC Photo Contest! Your pictures help us spread our message. Take pictures now, and enter them in the 2020 contest.
Cal-IPC’s outreach and education efforts rely on photos to show the devastating impacts weeds have on our natural communities. YOUR great pictures help tell the story of the hard work it takes to protect our wildlands from invasive plants. Anyone can enter! Photos may be used in Cal-IPC outreach materials, including our website, enewsletters, brochures, or reports (with photographer credit). Entries are displayed on the Cal-IPC Facebook page and at the Cal-IPC Symposium, where symposium attendees vote for their favorite photo.
Honorable Mentions, 2019 Photo Contest
Rules & Guidelines
- Maximum number of entries: 8 per individual.
- All submissions must be submitted using the contest online entry form.
- Photographs must be in digital format.
- Only online entries will be eligible. No print or film submissions will be accepted.
- Do not include watermarks (to avoid voter bias).
- The photograph need not be taken with a digital camera; scans of negatives, transparencies, or photographic prints are acceptable.
- Digital files must be high resolution, 300 ppi, file size 3 MB or larger (at close to actual size) and must be in JPEG or TIFF format.
- All entries must be received by midnight PST on the entry date (potential date for 2020 is Sept. 1).
Return to the Symposium Landing Page