Synonyms: Inula graveolens, Erigeron graveolens, Cupularia graveolens
Common names: stinkwort; stinkweed; Khaki weed;
Dittrichia graveolens (stinkwort) is a fall-flowering, sticky aromatic annual (family Asteraceae) that appears to be rapidly expanding its range in California.Cal-IPC Rating: Moderate — Alert
Plant Assessment Form - Information gathered by Cal-IPC on the impacts, rate of spread, and distribution of invasive plants in California. Does not include management information.
Weed RIC Management Notes
- Management Notes - Information on management techniques and effectiveness from the University of California Cooperative Extension’s Weed Research & Information Center.
Cal-IPC Newsletter Articles
- FROM THE DIRECTOR’S DESK: Renewing the Cal-IPC Inventory. Johnson, Doug. Vol 25, Issue 2
- Early Detection in Bay Area National Parks. Wrubel, Eric. Vol 23, Issue 3
- Cal-IPC partners to protect military lands. Brusati, Elizabeth. Vol 23, Issue 2
- CDFA expands noxious weed list and revises process. Kelch, Dean. Vol 23, Issue 2
- The volunteer contribution. Cal-IPC. Vol 22, Issue 2
- Mendocino County stops northbound stinkwort. Morse, Chuck. Vol 21, Issue 2
- Stinkwort: history, research, and management. Brownsey, Rachael; Kyser, Guy; DiTomaso, Joseph. Vol 20, Issue 2
- Wildland Weed News. Cal-IPC. Vol 20, Issue 1
- Prioritizing Regional Response to Invasive Plants in the Sierra Nevada. Brusati, Elizabeth; Morawitz, Dana; Powell, Cynthia. Vol 19, Issue 2
Cal-IPC Symposium Presentations
Presentations are linked where available. Where a presentation is not available, find more information by reading the abstract in the Cal-IPC Symposia Archive.
There are no Symposium presentations associated with this species yet.
Other Dittrichia graveolens Information
- CalPhotos - Images of plants taken mostly in California.
- Calflora - See the distribution of this species on Calflora's map of California.
- CalWeedMapper - Distribution information with ability to determine regional priorities.
- Jepson Online Interchange for California Flora - Information on taxonomy, biology, and distribution from UC Berkeley's Jepson Herbarium.
- USDA PLANTS Database - Federal database with information on identification and distribution, and links to websites in individual states.