Synonyms: Inula graveolens, Erigeron graveolens, Cupularia graveolens
Common names: stinkwort; stinkweed; Khaki weed;
Dittrichia graveolens (stinkwort) is a fall-flowering, sticky aromatic annual (family Asteraceae) that appears to be rapidly expanding its range in California.Rating: Moderate
- Plant Assessment Form - Information gathered by Cal-IPC on the impacts, rate of spread, and distribution of invasive plants in California. Does not include management information.
- CalWeedMapper - Statewide maps, climate models, and reports.
- Cal-IPC News - Our quarterly newsletter. Each issue is available as a pdf.
- Cal-IPC Symposium Proceedings - Presentations and papers from our annual Symposium.
- Don't Plant a Pest! - Select your region to find non-invasive alternatives to ornamental species. Also see our statewide brochure on trees.
- USDA PLANTS database -
Federal database with information on identification and distribution, and links to websites in individual states.
- Jepson Online Interchange for California Flora - Information on taxonomy, biology, and distribution from the UC Berkeley Jepson Herbarium.
- CalFlora - Distribution information by county based on submitted observations and herbarium specimens.
- The Nature Conservancy Management Summary - Information compiled by TNC land managers. Photos included for some species.
- CalPhotos - Images of plants taken mostly in California.
- Dittrichia poster - Created by Meg Marriot, USFWS San Francisco Bay National Wildlife Refuge Complex.
- Dittrichia brochure - Created by Santa Clara County Parks and formatted as a word document so you can adjust the contact info, allowing your constituency to get back in contact with you after reading the brochure.
- Dittrichia discussion group 2012. Scroll down to discussion groups. http://www.cal-ipc.org/symposia/archive/2012_presentations.php
- Brownsey, R., G. B. Kyser, et al. (2011). Dittrichia graveolens - a study of invasive plant biology with a focus on management. Cal-IPC 2011 Symposium. Tahoe City, CA, California Invasive Plant Council.
- Marriott, M. (2010). The spread and control of Dittrichia graveolens. Cal-IPC 2010 Symposium. Ventura, CA, California Invasive Plant Council.
- DiTomaso, J. M. (2004). 2004 Cal-IPC Red Alert! New invasions, recent expansions, and a few others to be on the look-out for. California Invasive Plant Council Symposium 2004. Ventura, CA.
- Randall, J. M. (1997). Weed alert! New invasive weeds in California. California Exotic Pest Plant Council Symposium '97. Concord, CA.
Cal-IPC News Articles
- Brusati, E., D. Morawitz, et al. (2011). Prioritizing Regional Response to Invasive Plants in the Sierra Nevada. Cal-IPC News. 19: 4, 5, 10.