Common names: globe chamomile
Oncosiphon piluliferum (globe chamomile) is a strongly-scented annual herb (family Asteraceae) with round yellow flowers and finely dissected leaves found in the south coast and desert ranges of Southern California. It is native to South Africa. It favors dunes and scrub and chaparral habitat. It spreads via seeds which travel through human activities and machinery.Cal-IPC Rating: Watch
Plant Risk Assessment
Plant Risk Assessment- An evaluation of the potential for a plant to be invasive in California.
Weed RIC Management NotesNo Weed RIC Management Notes are available for this species. Check for information on other species in the genus on the Weed RIC site.
Cal-IPC Newsletter Articles
- Another stinkin' weed: Stinknet expands in southern California. McDonald, Christopher. Vol 27, Issue 1
Cal-IPC Symposium Presentations
Presentations are linked where available. Where a presentation is not available, find more information by reading the abstract in the Cal-IPC Symposia Archive.
- Adaptive management of stinknet (Oncosiphon piluliferum) in a coastal sage scrub preserve in North County, San Diego. Burson, Emily (2019)
- Do Oncosiphon piluliferum soil legacy effects post-removal inhibit restoration success? Schwab, Stuart (2019)
- Environmental factors and herbicide effect on germination rates of stinknet (Oncosiphon piluliferum), an invasive weed in Southern California. Perez-Ochoa, Zara; de la Rosa, Carlos A. (2019)
- Evaluating the efficiency of herbicides for management for Oncosiphon piluliferum (stinknet). Rodriguez, Clarissa; Bean, Travis; McDonald, Christopher; Larios, Loralee (2019)
Other Oncosiphon piluliferum Information
- CalPhotos - Images of plants taken mostly in California.
- Calflora - See the distribution of this species on Calflora's map of California.
- Jepson Online Interchange for California Flora - Information on taxonomy, biology, and distribution from UC Berkeley's Jepson Herbarium.
- USDA PLANTS Database - Federal database with information on identification and distribution, and links to websites in individual states.