Common names: eggleaf spurge; oblong spurge
Euphorbia oblongata (oblong spurge) is an perennial forb/herb (family Euphorbiaceae) found sporadically in California. This plant may be toxic to humans. It is inedible to wildlife and inhibits the growth of surrounding plants.Cal-IPC Rating: Limited
CDFA Rating: B
Plant Assessment Form - Information gathered by Cal-IPC on the impacts, rate of spread, and distribution of invasive plants in California. Does not include management information.
Species ID Card
Invasive Species ID Card - To support field identification of early detection species, Cal-IPC has designed a set of Species ID cards that can be downloaded, printed double-sided, and trimmed to size.
Weed Management Notes
- Management Notes - Information on management techniques and effectiveness from the University of California Cooperative Extension’s Weed Research & Information Center.
Cal-IPC Newsletter Articles
- Snapshots from the field. Lindgren, Jackie; Eberwein, Amy; Parish, Julie; Chapple, Tanya. Vol 26, Issue 1
- Weed biological control agents approved for California. Pitcairn, Michael J.; Smith, Lincoln; Moran, Patrick. Vol 22, Issue 1
- Tracking eradication progress . Guise, Vince. Vol 21, Issue 3
- Dangerous and invasive Euphorbias in California. Case, Bob. Vol 18, Issue 4
Cal-IPC Symposium Presentations
Presentations are linked where available. Where a presentation is not available, find more information by reading the abstract in the Cal-IPC Symposia Archive.
There are no Symposium presentations associated with this species yet.
Other Euphorbia oblongata Information
- CalPhotos - Images of plants taken mostly in California.
- Calflora - See the distribution of this species on Calflora's map of California.
- CalWeedMapper - Distribution information with ability to determine regional priorities.
- Jepson Online Interchange for California Flora - Information on taxonomy, biology, and distribution from UC Berkeley's Jepson Herbarium.
- CDFA - California official noxious weeds.
- USDA PLANTS Database - Federal database with information on identification and distribution, and links to websites in individual states.
- EDD MapS - North American distribution based on Early Detection and Distribution Mapping System.