Synonyms: Bartsia viscosa, Bellardia viscosa
Common names: yellow glandweed; sticky parentucellia; broadleaved glandweed
Parentucellia viscosa (yellow glandweed, sticky parentucellia) is an annual forb/herb (family Scrophulariaceae) that invades wetland prairies along the coast and pastures in the Sierra Nevada. It is especially invasive on dune wetlands at the Humboldt Bay National Wildlife Refuge.Cal-IPC Rating: Limited?
CDFA Rating: None?
Plant Assessment Form - Information gathered by Cal-IPC on the impacts, rate of spread, and distribution of invasive plants in California. Does not include management information.
Weed Management NotesNo Weed RIC Management Notes are available for this species. Check for information on other species in the genus on the Weed RIC site.
Cal-IPC Newsletter Articles
- New weed alerts!. DiTomaso, Joe. Vol 13, Issue 4
- Parentucellia viscosa invades dune wetlands of northern California. Pickart, Andrea; Wear, Kyle. Vol 08, Issue 1
- Call for information: Parentucellia viscosa. Pickart, Andrea. Vol 04, Issue 2
Cal-IPC Symposium Presentations
Presentations are linked where available. Where a presentation is not available, find more information by reading the abstract in the Cal-IPC Symposia Archive.
- 2005 Cal-IPC weed alerts, new invasions, recent expansions, and a few others to be on the look-out for. DiTomaso, Joseph M. (2005)
Other Parentucellia viscosa Information
- CalPhotos - Images of plants taken mostly in California.
- Calflora - Distribution map and records of this species in California.
- CalWeedMapper - Distribution map of this species in California with ability to determine regional priorities.
- EDDMapS - Distribution of this species in North America.
- Jepson Interchange - Information on this plant's taxonomy, biology, and distribution from UC Berkeley's Jepson Herbarium.
- USDA PLANTS Database - Information on identification and distribution, with links to websites in individual states.