Synonyms: Agrostis alba L. var palustris (Huds.), Agrostis maritima Lam., Agrostis palustria Huds., Agrostis stolonifera L. var. compacta
Common names: creeping bent; carpet bent; redtop bent; seaside bentgrass
Agrostis stolonifera (creeping bentgrass) is a perennial grass (family Poaceae) and is located throughout California. Creeping bentgrass is an escaped turfgrass that can aggressively out-compete native grass species by forming dense mats.Cal-IPC Rating: Limited?
CDFA Rating: None?
Plant Assessment Form - Information gathered by Cal-IPC on the impacts, rate of spread, and distribution of invasive plants in California. Does not include management information.
Weed Management Notes
- Management Notes - Information on management techniques and effectiveness from the University of California Cooperative Extension’s Weed Research & Information Center.
Cal-IPC Newsletter Articles
- Genetically modified weeds. Cal-IPC. Vol 12, Issue 1
Cal-IPC Symposium Presentations
Presentations are linked where available. Where a presentation is not available, find more information by reading the abstract in the Cal-IPC Symposia Archive.
There are no Symposium presentations associated with this species yet.
Other Agrostis stolonifera Information
- Bugwood - National database from the Center for Invasive Species and Ecosystem Health at the University of Georgia.
- CalPhotos - Images of plants taken mostly in California.
- Calflora - Distribution map and records of this species in California.
- CalWeedMapper - Distribution map of this species in California with ability to determine regional priorities.
- EDDMapS - Distribution of this species in North America.
- Jepson Interchange - Information on this plant's taxonomy, biology, and distribution from UC Berkeley's Jepson Herbarium.
- USDA PLANTS Database - Information on identification and distribution, with links to websites in individual states.