Synonyms: H. marinum ssp. gussoneanum, H. geniculatum, H. gussoneanum. H. hystrix, Critesion geniculatum, C. hystrix, C. marinum
Common names: Mediterranean barley; seaside barley
Hordeum marinum (Mediterranean barley) is an annual grass (family Poaceae). Mediterranean barley is widespread in annual grasses and occupies slightly wetter habitats than Horedum murinum (Hare barley).Cal-IPC Rating: Moderate
Plant Assessment Form - Information gathered by Cal-IPC on the impacts, rate of spread, and distribution of invasive plants in California. Does not include management information.
Weed RIC Management Notes
- Management Notes - Information on management techniques and effectiveness from the University of California Cooperative Extension’s Weed Research & Information Center.
Cal-IPC Newsletter Articles
There are no newsletter articles associated with this species yet.
Cal-IPC Symposium Presentations
Presentations are linked where available. Where a presentation is not available, find more information by reading the abstract in the Cal-IPC Symposia Archive.
There are no Symposium presentations associated with this species yet.
Other Hordeum marinum Information
- CalPhotos - Images of plants taken mostly in California.
- Calflora - See the distribution of this species on Calflora's map of California.
- Jepson Online Interchange for California Flora - Information on taxonomy, biology, and distribution from UC Berkeley's Jepson Herbarium.
- USDA PLANTS Database - Federal database with information on identification and distribution, and links to websites in individual states.