Synonyms: Agrostis alba L. var palustris (Huds.), Agrostis maritima Lam., Agrostis palustria Huds., Agrostis stolonifera L. var. compacta
Common names: creeping bent; carpet bent; redtop bent; seaside bentgrass
Agrostis stolonifera (creeping bentgrass) is a perennial grass (family Poaceae) and is located throughout California. Creeping bentgrass is an escaped turfgrass that can aggressively out-competes native grass species by forming dense mats.Cal-IPC Rating: Limited
Plant Assessment Form - Information gathered by Cal-IPC on the impacts, rate of spread, and distribution of invasive plants in California. Does not include management information.
Cal-IPC Newsletter Articles
- Genetically modified weeds. Cal-IPC. Vol 12, Issue 1
Cal-IPC Symposium Presentations
- None for this species.
Other Agrostis stolonifera Information
- CalPhotos - Images of plants taken mostly in California.
- CalFlora - Distribution information based on submitted observations and herbarium specimens.
- CalWeedMapper - Distribution information with ability to determine regional priorities.
- Jepson Online Interchange for California Flora - Information on taxonomy, biology, and distribution from UC Berkeley's Jepson Herbarium.
- USDA PLANTS Database - Federal database with information on identification and distribution, and links to websites in individual states.
- Bugwood - National database from the Center for Invasive Species and Ecosystem Health at the University of Georgia.