Source: California Invasive Plant Council
URL of this page: http://www.cal-ipc.org/ip/management/plant_profiles/Polypogon_monspeliensis.php
Polypogon monspeliensis and subspp. (rabbitfoot polypogon, annual beardgrass)
Polypogon monspeliensis and subspp.
Polypogon monspeliensis and subspp. (rabbit footpolypogon, annual beardgrass) is a winter or summer annual grass (family Poaceae) that can form dense stands in some areas of California. It is common in moist to wet areas.
Cal-IPC Inventory rating: Limited
Cal-IPC Resources on Polypogon monspeliensis and subspp.
- California Invasive Plant Inventory Plant Assessment Form - Information gathered by Cal-IPC on the impacts, rate of spread, and distribution of invasive plants in California. Does not include management information.
- CalWeedMapper - Statewide maps, climate models, and reports.
- Cal-IPC News - Articles from our quarterly newsletter. (None for this species.)
- Cal-IPC Symposium Proceedings - Presentations and papers from our annual Symposium. List of articles on Polypogon monspeliensis.
Cal-IPC News Articles
- None for this species.
Cal-IPC Symposium Proceedings
- Bauder, E. T. (1996). Exotics in the southern California vernal pool ecosystem. California Exotic Pest Plant Council Symposium '96. San Diego, CA.
- Callaway, J. and J. Zedler (1996). Native and exotic species interactions in southern California salt marsh: Salicornia virginica and Polypogon monspeliensis. California Exotic Pest Plant Council Symposium '96. San Diego, CA.
- Clifford, P., A. J. Pickart, et al. (2005). Invasive annual grasses in a coastal dune ecosystem. California Invasive Plant Council Symposium 2005. Chico, CA.
- Devender, T. R. V., R. S. Frlger, et al. (1997). Exotic plants in the Sonoran desert region, Arizona and Sonora. California Exotic Pest Plant Council Symposium '97. Concord, CA.
- Pickart, A. J. and K. S. Wear (1999). The ecology of Parentucellia viscosa in dune wetlands. California Exotic Pest Plant Council Symposium '99. Sacramento, CA.
Other Resources on Polypogon monspeliensis and subspp.
- USDA PLANTS database - Federal database with information on identification and distribution, and links to websites in individual states.
- Jepson Online Interchange for California Flora - Information on taxonomy, biology, and distribution from the UC Berkeley Jepson Herbarium.
- CalFlora - Distribution information by county based on submitted observations and herbarium specimens.
- The Nature Conservancy Management Summary - Information compiled by TNC land managers. Photos included for some species.
- CalPhotos - Images of plants taken mostly in California.