Source: California Invasive Plant Council
URL of this page: http://www.cal-ipc.org/ip/management/plant_profiles/Agrostis_stolonifera.php
Agrostis stolonifera (creeping bentgrass)
Agrostis stolonifera (creeping bentgrass) is a perennial grass (family Poaceae) and is located throughout California. Creeping bentgrass is an escaped turfgrass that can aggressively out-competes native grass species by forming dense mats.
Cal-IPC Inventory rating: Limited
Cal-IPC Resources on Agrostis stolonifera
- California Invasive Plant Inventory Plant Assessment Form - Information gathered by Cal-IPC on the impacts, rate of spread, and distribution of invasive plants in California. Does not include management information.
- CalWeedMapper - Statewide maps, climate models, and reports.
- Cal-IPC News - Articles from our quarterly newsletter. Each issue is available as a pdf. List of articles on Agrostis stolonifera.
- Cal-IPC Symposium Proceedings - Presentations and papers from our annual Symposium. (None for this species.)
Cal-IPC News Articles
- (2004). Genetically modified weeds. Cal-IPC News. 12: 11.
Cal-IPC Symposium Proceedings
- None for this species.
Other Resources on Agrostis stolonifera
- USDA PLANTS database - Federal database with information on identification and distribution, and links to websites in individual states.
- Jepson Online Interchange for California Flora - Information on taxonomy, biology, and distribution from the UC Berkeley Jepson Herbarium.
- CalFlora - Distribution information by county based on submitted observations and herbarium specimens.
- The Nature Conservancy Management Summary - Information compiled by TNC land managers. Photos included for some species.
- CalPhotos - Images of plants taken mostly in California.