Synonyms: Tetragonia tetragonoides, Demidovia tetragonoides Pall. (basionym), Tetragonia expansa Murray
Common names: New Zealand spinach; warrigal greens
Tetragonia tetragonioides (New Zealand spinach) is a species (family Aizoaceae) found throughout California on sand dunes, bluffs, and the margins of coastal wetlands.Cal-IPC Rating: Limited?
CDFA Rating: None?
Plant Assessment Form - Information gathered by Cal-IPC on the impacts, rate of spread, and distribution of invasive plants in California. Does not include management information.
Weed Management NotesNo Weed RIC Management Notes are available for this species. Check for information on other species in the genus on the Weed RIC site.
Cal-IPC Newsletter Articles
- Cal-IPC Inventory update adds eight plants. Brusati, Elizabeth. Vol 19, Issue 3
- Invasive New Zealand weeds: Our native plant invaders. Harris, Graham. Vol 06, Issue 4
- Portrait of an invader II: The ecology and management of Carpobrotus edulis. Albert, Marc E.. Vol 03, Issue 2
Cal-IPC Symposium Presentations
Presentations are linked where available. Where a presentation is not available, find more information by reading the abstract in the Cal-IPC Symposia Archive.
There are no Symposium presentations associated with this species yet.
Other Tetragonia tetragonioides Information
- CalPhotos - Images of plants taken mostly in California.
- Calflora - Distribution map and records of this species in California.
- CalWeedMapper - Distribution map of this species in California with ability to determine regional priorities.
- EDDMapS - Distribution of this species in North America.
- Jepson Interchange - Information on this plant's taxonomy, biology, and distribution from UC Berkeley's Jepson Herbarium.
- USDA PLANTS Database - Information on identification and distribution, with links to websites in individual states.