Synonyms: Tetragonia tetragonoides, Demidovia tetragonoides Pall. (basionym), Tetragonia expansa Murray
Common names: New Zealand spinach; warrigal greens
Tetragonia tetragonioides (New Zealand spinach) is a species (family Aizoaceae) found throughout California on sand dunes, bluffs, and the margins of coastal wetlands.Cal-IPC Rating: Limited
Plant Assessment Form - Information gathered by Cal-IPC on the impacts, rate of spread, and distribution of invasive plants in California. Does not include management information.
Weed Management NotesNo Weed RIC Management Notes are available for this species. Check for information on other species in the genus on the Weed RIC site.
Cal-IPC Newsletter Articles
- Cal-IPC Inventory update adds eight plants. Brusati, Elizabeth. Vol 19, Issue 3
- Invasive New Zealand weeds: Our native plant invaders. Harris, Graham. Vol 06, Issue 4
- Portrait of an invader II: The ecology and management of Carpobrotus edulis. Albert, Marc E.. Vol 03, Issue 2
Cal-IPC Symposium Presentations
Presentations are linked where available. Where a presentation is not available, find more information by reading the abstract in the Cal-IPC Symposia Archive.
There are no Symposium presentations associated with this species yet.
Other Tetragonia tetragonioides Information
- CalPhotos - Images of plants taken mostly in California.
- Calflora - See the distribution of this species on Calflora's map of California.
- CalWeedMapper - Distribution information with ability to determine regional priorities.
- Jepson Online Interchange for California Flora - Information on taxonomy, biology, and distribution from UC Berkeley's Jepson Herbarium.
- USDA PLANTS Database - Federal database with information on identification and distribution, and links to websites in individual states.
- EDDMapS - North American distribution based on Early Detection and Distribution Mapping System.