Common names: fireweed groundsel
Senecio linearifolius (fireweed groundsel) is a herb/subshrub (family Asteraceae) with yellow flowers and narrow leaves found in the south coast ranges of California. It is native to Australia. It favors grasslands and dunes. It spreads via seeds which travel by wind.
Cal-IPC Rating: Watch
CDFA Rating: -*?
Plant Risk Assessment
Plant Risk Assessment- An evaluation of the potential for a plant to be invasive in California.
Weed Management NotesNo Weed RIC Management Notes are available for this species. Check for information on other species in the genus on the Weed RIC site.
Cal-IPC Newsletter Articles
There are no newsletter articles associated with this species yet.
Cal-IPC Symposium Presentations
Presentations are linked where available. Where a presentation is not available, find more information by reading the abstract in the Cal-IPC Symposia Archive.
- Weed Alerts 2010. DiTomaso, Joseph (2010)
Other Senecio linearifolius Information
- CalPhotos - Images of plants taken mostly in California.
- Calflora - Distribution map and records of this species in California.
- CalWeedMapper - Distribution map of this species in California with ability to determine regional priorities.
- EDDMapS - Distribution of this species in North America.
- Jepson Interchange - Information on this plant's taxonomy, biology, and distribution from UC Berkeley's Jepson Herbarium.
- USDA PLANTS Database - Information on identification and distribution, with links to websites in individual states.