Synonyms: Cryophytum nodiflorum; Gasoul nodiflorum; Aridaria paucandra; Cryophytum gibbosum; Cryophytum rogersii
Common names: slenderleaf iceplant; small flowered iceplant
Mesembryanthemum nodiflorum (slenderleaf iceplant) is a herb/ (family Aizoaceae) with white to yellow flowers and narrow succulent-like leaves found in the San Francisco Bay area, Channel Islands, central valley, desert ranges and south coast ranges of California. It is native to southern Africa. It favors wetlands and dunes. It propagates by seed which is dispersed by water and adhere to the soil surface. Grazing and human activities also aid in dispersal.Cal-IPC Rating: Limited?
CDFA Rating: None?
Plant Assessment Form - Information gathered by Cal-IPC on the impacts, rate of spread, and distribution of invasive plants in California. Does not include management information.
Weed Management NotesNo Weed RIC Management Notes are available for this species. Check for information on other species in the genus on the Weed RIC site.
Cal-IPC Newsletter Articles
- “Conservation Across Borders” in San Jose. Cal-IPC. Vol 14, Issue 2
Cal-IPC Symposium Presentations
Presentations are linked where available. Where a presentation is not available, find more information by reading the abstract in the Cal-IPC Symposia Archive.
There are no Symposium presentations associated with this species yet.
Other Mesembryanthemum nodiflorum Information
- CalPhotos - Images of plants taken mostly in California.
- Calflora - Distribution map and records of this species in California.
- CalWeedMapper - Distribution map of this species in California with ability to determine regional priorities.
- EDDMapS - Distribution of this species in North America.
- Jepson Interchange - Information on this plant's taxonomy, biology, and distribution from UC Berkeley's Jepson Herbarium.
- USDA PLANTS Database - Information on identification and distribution, with links to websites in individual states.