Common names: professorweed
Galega officinalis (professorweed) is a perennial /subshrub (family Fabaceae) with white to purple flowers and thin narrow leaves found in northwestern California. It is native to the Middle East. It favors grasslands and riparian and bottomland habitat. It reproduces by seed and is spread in animal manure, irrigation water, and through agricultural activities.Cal-IPC Rating: Watch
Plant Risk Assessment
Plant Risk Assessment- An evaluation of the potential for a plant to be invasive in California.
Weed RIC Management Notes
- Management Notes - Information on management techniques and effectiveness from the University of California Cooperative Extension’s Weed Research & Information Center.
Cal-IPC Newsletter Articles
- CDFA expands noxious weed list and revises process. Kelch, Dean. Vol 23, Issue 2
- Goatsrue found in California. Kelch, Dean. Vol 22, Issue 1
Cal-IPC Symposium Presentations
Presentations are linked where available. Where a presentation is not available, find more information by reading the abstract in the Cal-IPC Symposia Archive.
There are no Symposium presentations associated with this species yet.
Other Galega officinalis Information
- CalPhotos - Images of plants taken mostly in California.
- Calflora - See the distribution of this species on Calflora's map of California.
- CDFA - California official noxious weeds.
- USDA PLANTS Database - Federal database with information on identification and distribution, and links to websites in individual states.