Synonyms: Tetragonia tetragonoides, Demidovia tetragonoides Pall. (basionym), Tetragonia expansa Murray
Common names: New Zealand spinach; warrigal greens
Tetragonia tetragonioides (New Zealand spinach) is a species (family Aizoaceae) found throughout California on sand dunes, bluffs, and the margins of coastal wetlands.Cal-IPC Rating: Limited
Plant Assessment Form - Information gathered by Cal-IPC on the impacts, rate of spread, and distribution of invasive plants in California. Does not include management information.
Cal-IPC Newsletter Articles
- Cal-IPC Inventory update adds eight plants. Brusati, Elizabeth. Vol 19, Issue 3
- Invasive New Zealand weeds: Our native plant invaders. Harris, Graham. Vol 06, Issue 4
- Portrait of an invader II: The ecology and management of Carpobrotus edulis. Albert, Marc E.. Vol 03, Issue 2
Cal-IPC Symposium Presentations
- None for this species
Other Tetragonia tetragonioides Information
- CalFlora - Distribution information based on submitted observations and herbarium specimens.
- CalWeedMapper - Distribution information with ability to determine regional priorities.
- Jepson Online Interchange for California Flora - Information on taxonomy, biology, and distribution from UC Berkeley's Jepson Herbarium.
- USDA PLANTS Database - Federal database with information on identification and distribution, and links to websites in individual states.