Synonyms: Nassella manicata (Desv.) Barkworth; Nassella formicarum auct. non (Delile) BarkworthStipa formicarum Delile
Common names: Andean tussockgrass; tropical needlegrass
Stipa manicata (= Nassella manicata (tropical needlegrass) is a perennial (family Poaceae)
found in Northern California.
Plant Assessment Form - Information gathered by Cal-IPC on the impacts, rate of spread, and distribution of invasive plants in California. Does not include management information.
Cal-IPC Newsletter Articles
- Early Detection in Bay Area National Parks. Wrubel, Eric. Vol 23, Issue 3
- Jepson Manual 2nd ed. invasive plant name changes. Brusati, Elizabeth. Vol 20, Issue 2
Cal-IPC Symposium Presentations
- None for this species
Other Stipa manicata Information
- CalFlora - Distribution information based on submitted observations and herbarium specimens.
- CalWeedMapper - Distribution information with ability to determine regional priorities.
- Jepson Online Interchange for California Flora - Information on taxonomy, biology, and distribution from UC Berkeley's Jepson Herbarium.
- USDA PLANTS Database - Federal database with information on identification and distribution, and links to websites in individual states.