Common names: creeping buttercup
Ranunculus repens (creeping buttercup) is a spreading perennial forb/herb (family Ranunculaceae), found in many coastal areas of California. It can sometimes form large monocultures, especially in moist areas.Cal-IPC Rating: Limited
Plant Assessment Form - Information gathered by Cal-IPC on the impacts, rate of spread, and distribution of invasive plants in California. Does not include management information.
Cal-IPC Symposium Presentations
- None for this species.
Other Ranunculus repens Information
- CalPhotos - Images of plants taken mostly in California.
- CalFlora - Distribution information based on submitted observations and herbarium specimens.
- CalWeedMapper - Distribution information with ability to determine regional priorities.
- Jepson Online Interchange for California Flora - Information on taxonomy, biology, and distribution from UC Berkeley's Jepson Herbarium.
- USDA PLANTS Database - Federal database with information on identification and distribution, and links to websites in individual states.