Common names: baby's breath
Gypsophila paniculata (baby’s breath) is a perennial herb (family Caryophyllaceae) with white flowers and thin narrow leaves found in the Sierra Nevada, coastal, northern and desert ranges of California. It is native to central and eastern Europe. It favors grasslands and dunes. It reproduces via multitudes of seeds which are dispersed by wind.Cal-IPC Rating: Watch
Plant Risk Assessment
Plant Risk Assessment- An evaluation of the potential for a plant to be invasive in California.
Weed RIC Management Notes
- Management Notes - Information on management techniques and effectiveness from the University of California Cooperative Extension’s Weed Research & Information Center.
Cal-IPC Newsletter Articles
There are no newsletter articles associated with this species yet.
Cal-IPC Symposium Presentations
There are no Symposium presentations associated with this species yet.
Other Gypsophila paniculata Information
- CalPhotos - Images of plants taken mostly in California.
- Calflora - See the distribution of this species on Calflora's map of California.
- Jepson Online Interchange for California Flora - Information on taxonomy, biology, and distribution from UC Berkeley's Jepson Herbarium.
- USDA PLANTS Database - Federal database with information on identification and distribution, and links to websites in individual states.
- Bugwood - National database from the Center for Invasive Species and Ecosystem Health at the University of Georgia.