Source: California Invasive Plant Council
URL of this page: http://www.cal-ipc.org/ip/management/plant_profiles/Stipa_manicata.php
Stipa manicata (tropical needlegrass)
Stipa manicata (= Nassella manicata (tropical needlegrass) is a perennial (family Poaceae) found in Northern California.
Cal-IPC Inventory rating: Limited
Cal-IPC Resources on Stipa manicata
- California Invasive Plant Inventory Plant Assessment Form - Information gathered by Cal-IPC on the impacts, rate of spread, and distribution of invasive plants in California. Does not include management information.
- CalWeedMapper - Statewide maps, climate models, and reports.
- Cal-IPC News - Articles from our quarterly newsletter.
- Cal-IPC Symposium Proceedings - Presentations and papers from our annual Symposium.
Cal-IPC News Articles
- Brusati, E. (2011). Cal-IPC Inventory update adds eight plants. Cal-IPC News. 19: 18.
Cal-IPC Symposium Proceedings
- None for this species
Other Resources on Stipa manicata
- USDA PLANTS database - Federal database with information on identification and distribution, and links to websites in individual states.
- Jepson Online Interchange for California Flora - Information on taxonomy, biology, and distribution from the UC Berkeley Jepson Herbarium.
- CalFlora - Distribution information by county based on submitted observations and herbarium specimens.