Source: California Invasive Plant Council
URL of this page: http://www.cal-ipc.org/ip/management/plant_profiles/Rumex_crispus.php
Rumex crispus (curly dock)
Rumex crispus (curly dock) is a perennial forb/herb (family Polygonaceae) found throughout California. It can grow in many habitats, including grassy places, waste ground, roadsides and near sand dunes but is primarily found in flood plains and in agricultural areas.
Cal-IPC Inventory rating: Limited
Cal-IPC Resources on Rumex crispus
- California Invasive Plant Inventory Plant Assessment Form - Information gathered by Cal-IPC on the impacts, rate of spread, and distribution of invasive plants in California. Does not include management information.
- CalWeedMapper - Statewide maps, climate models, and reports.
- Cal-IPC News - Articles from our quarterly newsletter.
- Cal-IPC Symposium Proceedings - Presentations and papers from our annual Symposium. List of articles on Rumex crispus.
Cal-IPC News Articles
- None for this species.
Cal-IPC Symposium Proceedings
- Carrithers, V., B. Miller, et al. (2005). Aminopyralid: A new reduced risk active ingredient for control of broadleaf invasive and noxious weeds. California Invasive Plant Council Symposium 2005. Chico, CA.
- Carrithers, V. F. (1997). Using Transline* herbicide to control invasive plants. California Exotic Pest Plant Council Symposium '97. Concord, CA.
- Telllman, B. (1996). Stowaways and invited guests:How some exotic plants reached the American southwest. California Exotic Pest Plant Council Symposium. San Diego, CA.
Other Resources on Rumex crispus
- USDA PLANTS database - Federal database with information on identification and distribution, and links to websites in individual states.
- Jepson Online Interchange for California Flora - Information on taxonomy, biology, and distribution from the UC Berkeley Jepson Herbarium.
- CalFlora - Distribution information by county based on submitted observations and herbarium specimens.
- CalPhotos - Images of plants taken mostly in California.
- Natural Resource Projects Inventory - State database with information on resource management projects throughout California. Query by the species of interest.