Source: California Invasive Plant Council
URL of this page: http://www.cal-ipc.org/ip/management/plant_profiles/Medicago_polymorpha.php
Medicago polymorpha (California burclover)
Medicago polymorpha (California burclover) is a perennial/annual forb/herb (family Fabaceae) found throughout California in disturbed areas such as pastures, roadsides and vacant lots. Although it is considered good forage for livestock in pastures, it can out-compete native species in natural areas. Despite its name, California burclover is native to the Mediterranean.
Cal-IPC Inventory rating: Limited
Cal-IPC Resources on Medicago polymorpha
- California Invasive Plant Inventory Plant Assessment Form - Information gathered by Cal-IPC on the impacts, rate of spread, and distribution of invasive plants in California. Does not include management information.
- CalWeedMapper - Statewide maps, climate models, and reports.
- Cal-IPC News - Articles from our quarterly newsletter. (None for this species.)
- Cal-IPC Symposium Proceedings - Presentations and papers from our annual Symposium. List of articles on Medicago polymorpha.
Cal-IPC News Articles
- None for this species.
Cal-IPC Symposium Proceedings
- Quinn, L., B. Davis, et al. (2006). Does horse manure harbor invasive plants? Cal-IPC Symposium. Rohnert Park, CA.
Other Resources on Medicago polymorpha
- USDA PLANTS database - Federal database with information on identification and distribution, and links to websites in individual states.
- Jepson Online Interchange for California Flora - Information on taxonomy, biology, and distribution from the UC Berkeley Jepson Herbarium.
- CalFlora - Distribution information by county based on submitted observations and herbarium specimens.
- CalPhotos - Images of plants taken mostly in California.
- Natural Resource Projects Inventory - State database with information on resource management projects throughout California. Query by the species of interest.