Source: California Invasive Plant Council
URL of this page: http://www.cal-ipc.org/ip/management/plant_profiles/Marrubium_vulgare.php
Marrubium vulgare (white horehound)
Marrubium vulgare (white horehound) is a perennial shrub/forb/herb (family Lamiaceae). This plant is found heavily populating disturbed places throughout California in grasslands scrub and riparian areas. It has mostly minor impact on native species.
Cal-IPC Inventory rating: Limited
Cal-IPC Resources on Marrubium vulgare
- California Invasive Plant Inventory Plant Assessment Form - Information gathered by Cal-IPC on the impacts, rate of spread, and distribution of invasive plants in California. Does not include management information.
- CalWeedMapper - Statewide maps, climate models, and reports.
- Cal-IPC News - Articles from our quarterly newsletter. Each issue is available as a pdf. List of articles on Marrubium vulgare.
- Cal-IPC Symposium Proceedings - Presentations and papers from our annual Symposium. (None for this species.)
Cal-IPC News Articles
- Perala, C., D. A. Hoover, et al. (1993). Control of exotic plants in an herbaceous understory. CalEPPC News. 1: 4-6.
Cal-IPC Symposium Proceedings
- None for this species.
Other Resources on Marrubium vulgare
- USDA PLANTS database - Federal database with information on identification and distribution, and links to websites in individual states.
- Jepson Online Interchange for California Flora - Information on taxonomy, biology, and distribution from the UC Berkeley Jepson Herbarium.
- CalFlora - Distribution information by county based on submitted observations and herbarium specimens.
- The Nature Conservancy Management Summary - Information compiled by TNC land managers. Photos included for some species.
- CalPhotos - Images of plants taken mostly in California.
- Natural Resource Projects Inventory - State database with information on resource management projects throughout California. Query by the species of interest.