Source: California Invasive Plant Council
URL of this page: http://www.cal-ipc.org/ip/management/plant_profiles/Hordeum_marinum.php
Hordeum marinum, H. murinum (Mediterranean barley, hare barley, wall barley)
Hordeum marinum, H. murinum
Hordeum marinum (Mediterranean barley) and H. murinum (hare barley) are annual grasses (family Poaceae). Hare barley may have arrived in California with Spanish settlers and is more common than Mediterranean barley.
Cal-IPC Inventory rating: Moderate
Cal-IPC Resources on Hordeum marinum, H. murinum
- California Invasive Plant Inventory Plant Assessment Form - Information gathered by Cal-IPC on the impacts, rate of spread, and distribution of invasive plants in California. Does not include management information.
- CalWeedMapper - Statewide maps, climate models, and reports. Hordeum marinum Hordeum murinum
- Cal-IPC News - Articles from our quarterly newsletter. (None for these species.)
- Cal-IPC Symposium Proceedings - Presentations and papers from our annual Symposium. List of articles on Hordeum marinum.
Cal-IPC News Articles
- None for this species.
Cal-IPC Symposium Proceedings
- Clines, J., J. DiTomaso, et al. (2004). Grasses working group. California Invasive Plant Council Symposium 2004. Ventura, CA.
- Devender, T. R. V., R. S. Frlger, et al. (1997). Exotic plants in the Sonoran desert region, Arizona and Sonora. California Exotic Pest Plant Council Symposium '97. Concord, CA.
- Quinn, L., B. Davis, et al. (2006). Does horse manure harbor invasive plants? Cal-IPC Symposium. Rohnert Park, CA.
Other Resources on Hordeum marinum, H. murinum
- USDA PLANTS database - Federal database with information on identification and distribution, and links to websites in individual states.
- and Jepson Online Interchange for California Flora - Information on taxonomy, biology, and distribution from the UC Berkeley Jepson Herbarium.
- CalFlora - Distribution information by county based on submitted observations and herbarium specimens.
- The Nature Conservancy Management Summary - Information compiled by TNC land managers. Photos included for some species.