Source: California Invasive Plant Council
URL of this page: http://www.cal-ipc.org/ip/management/plant_profiles/Dactylis_glomerata.php
Dactylis glomerata (orchardgrass)
Dactylis glomerata (orchardgrass) is an aggressive perennial grass (family Poaceae) widespread throughout California. It grows in any type of soil, is drought resistant, and can overrun-some grasslands. Orchardgrass is a desirable pasture grass but has escaped cultivation in many natural areas throughout the United States.
Cal-IPC Inventory rating: Limited
Cal-IPC Resources on Dactylis glomerata
- California Invasive Plant Inventory Plant Assessment Form - Information gathered by Cal-IPC on the impacts, rate of spread, and distribution of invasive plants in California. Does not include management information.
- CalWeedMapper - Statewide maps, climate models, and reports.
- Cal-IPC News - Articles from our quarterly newsletter. Each issue is available as a pdf. (None for this species.)
- Cal-IPC Symposium Proceedings - Presentations and papers from our annual Symposium. List of articles on Dactylis glomerata.
Cal-IPC News Articles
- None for this species.
Cal-IPC Symposium Proceedings
- Corbin, J. D., M. Thomsen, et al. (2004). Out of the frying pan: Invasion of exotic perennial grasses in coastal prairies. California Invasive Plant Council Symposium 2004. Ventura, CA.
- Sanders, A. C. (1998). Invasive exotics in California: A perspective from inland Southern California. California Exotic Pest Plant Council Symposium '98. Ontario, CA.
Other Resources on Dactylis glomerata
- USDA PLANTS database - Federal database with information on identification and distribution, and links to websites in individual states.
- Jepson Online Interchange for California Flora - Information on taxonomy, biology, and distribution from the UC Berkeley Jepson Herbarium.
- CalFlora - Distribution information by county based on submitted observations and herbarium specimens.
- CalPhotos - Images of plants taken mostly in California.