Source: California Invasive Plant Council
URL of this page: http://www.cal-ipc.org/ip/management/plant_profiles/Atriplex_semibaccata.php
Atriplex semibaccata (Australian saltbush)
Atriplex semibaccata (Australian saltbush) is a spreading, shrubby perennial (family Chenopodiaceae). It was introduced as a forage plant in the 1920ís. Since then, Australian saltbush has escaped cultivation and is now invasive in coastal grasslands and scrub, and the higher ground of salt marshes.
Cal-IPC Inventory rating: Moderate
Cal-IPC Resources on Atriplex semibaccata
- California Invasive Plant Inventory Plant Assessment Form - Information gathered by Cal-IPC on the impacts, rate of spread, and distribution of invasive plants in California. Does not include management information.
- CalWeedMapper - Statewide maps, climate models, and reports.
- Species account from Invasive Plants of California's Wildlands - Includes biology and management information.
- Cal-IPC News - Articles from our quarterly newsletter. (None for this species.)
- Cal-IPC Symposium Proceedings - Presentations and papers from our annual Symposium. List of articles on Atriplex semibaccata.
Cal-IPC News Articles
- None for this species.
Cal-IPC Symposium Proceedings
- Lair, K., N. Ritter, et al. (2006). Restoration of retired San Joaquin Valley farmlands using herbicides and activated charcoal. Cal-IPC Symposium. Rohnert Park, CA.
Other Resources on Atriplex semibaccata
- USDA PLANTS database - Federal database with information on identification and distribution, and links to websites in individual states.
- Jepson Online Interchange for California Flora - Information on taxonomy, biology, and distribution from the UC Berkeley Jepson Herbarium.
- CalFlora - Distribution information by county based on submitted observations and herbarium specimens.
- The Nature Conservancy Management Summary - Information compiled by TNC land managers. Photos included for some species.
- CalPhotos - Images of plants taken mostly in California.
- Natural Resource Projects Inventory - State database with information on resource management projects throughout California. Query by the species of interest.