Call for Abstracts deadline extended to August 1. Thank you for contributing to the conversation!
We welcome your submissions! Presenters at the Cal-IPC Symposium provide a popular and diverse educational forum for the California land management community. Submit abstracts for either 15-min oral presentation, 5-min lightning talk oral presentation, or poster. Please note, because our Symposium will be held online, we will have less room for full-length presentations. You may be asked to present a lightning talk or poster.
Oral presenters should expect to submit prerecorded presentations. Cal-IPC will supply guidance to support speakers for online presentations and instructions for recording presentations and submitting posters prior to the event. Speakers must be available online for Q&A after their presentation. Poster and lightning talk presenters must be present online for the poster and speed talk session.
Please read and follow the guidelines below when submitting your abstract:
- Draft abstract as a word document
- Use Calibri 11pt font
- Limit body of text to less than 250 words
- Use bold text for title. Capitalize only capitalize the first letter and proper nouns
- Use italics for scientific names
- Include names and affiliations of all co-authors. Use asterisk to identify presenter. Include email address of presenter
- Name file using following convention: “Lastname__firstinitial_abstract_Cal-IPC2020.doc”
- See the sample abstract for additional formatting guidance
- Use the form at the bottom of this page to submit your abstract by clicking the “Register” button. Fill out details about the type of submission on page 2 of the form.
- Deadline is August 1.
- Explain how your management experience or research results may be used by land managers.
- Clearly define goals and rationale.
- Describe all relevant treatment specifics (for instance, application rate of an herbicide).
- Do not promote commercial products or services.
- The Society for Conservation Biology has useful tips for preparing conference abstracts and presentations(scroll down the page).
Presentations and posters will be saved and made available through our website’s Symposium archive.
Questions can be addressed to Jutta Burger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for helping to strengthen the California stewardship community!
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software
Return to the Symposium Landing Page