Synonyms: annual veldtgrass
Common names: long-flowered veldtgrass
Ehrharta longiflora (long-flowered veldtgrass) is an annual grass (family Poaceae) found on California’s south coast, especially near San Diego. Long-flowered veldtgrass was recently introduced to California and is not currently widespread, but it has the potential to spread rapidly in coastal dune and scrub habitats. It may exclude native species in these habitats.Rating: Limited
- Plant Assessment Form - Information gathered by Cal-IPC on the impacts, rate of spread, and distribution of invasive plants in California. Does not include management information.
- CalWeedMapper - Statewide maps, climate models, and reports.
- Cal-IPC News - Our quarterly newsletter. Each issue is available as a pdf.
- Cal-IPC Symposium Proceedings - Presentations and papers from our annual Symposium.
- Don't Plant a Pest! - Select your region to find non-invasive alternatives to ornamental species. Also see our statewide brochure on trees.
- Species account from Invasive Plants of California's Wildlands - Includes biology and management information.
- USDA PLANTS database -
Federal database with information on identification and distribution, and links to websites in individual states.
- Jepson Online Interchange for California Flora - Information on taxonomy, biology, and distribution from the UC Berkeley Jepson Herbarium.
- CalFlora - Distribution information by county based on submitted observations and herbarium specimens.
- The Nature Conservancy Management Summary - Information compiled by TNC land managers. Photos included for some species.
- Natural Resource Projects Inventory - State database with information on resource management projects throughout California. Query by the species of interest.
- Randall, J. M. (1997). Weed alert! New invasive weeds in California. California Exotic Pest Plant Council Symposium '97. Concord, CA.
- Tu, M. and J. M. Randall (2003). 2003 Cal-IPC red alert! New invasions, recent expansions, and a few others to be on the look-out For. California Invasive Plant Council Symposium 2003. Kings Beach, CA.
Cal-IPC News Articles
- Brey, C. (1996). What? Another Ehrharta? Oh, no! CalEPPC News. 4: 4-5.