Synonyms: annual veldtgrass
Common names: long-flowered veldtgrass
Ehrharta longiflora (long-flowered veldtgrass) is an annual grass (family Poaceae) found on California’s south coast, especially near San Diego. Long-flowered veldtgrass was recently introduced to California and is not currently widespread, but it has the potential to spread rapidly in coastal dune and scrub habitats. It may exclude native species in these habitats.Cal-IPC Rating: Limited
Plant Assessment Form - Information gathered by Cal-IPC on the impacts, rate of spread, and distribution of invasive plants in California. Does not include management information.
Cal-IPC Newsletter Articles
- What? Another Ehrharta? Oh, no!!. Brey, Claire. Vol 04, Issue 2
Cal-IPC Symposium Presentations
- Randall, J. M. (1997). Weed alert! New invasive weeds in California. California Exotic Pest Plant Council Symposium '97. Concord, CA.
- Tu, M. and J. M. Randall (2003). 2003 Cal-IPC red alert! New invasions, recent expansions, and a few others to be on the look-out For. California Invasive Plant Council Symposium 2003. Kings Beach, CA.
Other Ehrharta longiflora Information
- CalPhotos - Images of plants taken mostly in California.
- CalFlora - Distribution information based on submitted observations and herbarium specimens.
- CalWeedMapper - Distribution information with ability to determine regional priorities.
- Jepson Online Interchange for California Flora - Information on taxonomy, biology, and distribution from UC Berkeley's Jepson Herbarium.
- USDA PLANTS Database - Federal database with information on identification and distribution, and links to websites in individual states.
- Bugwood - National database from the Center for Invasive Species and Ecosystem Health at the University of Georgia.