Synonyms: Bromus distachya (L.) Link., Trachynia distachya (L.) Link
Common names: annual false-brome; false brome; purple false brome; stiff brome
Brachypodium distachyon (annual false-brome, false-brome, purple false-brome) is a winter annual grass (family Poaceae) that is locally abundant in certain areas of California, especially those with rocky soils.Rating: Moderate
- Plant Assessment Form - Information gathered by Cal-IPC on the impacts, rate of spread, and distribution of invasive plants in California. Does not include management information.
- CalWeedMapper - Statewide maps, climate models, and reports.
- Cal-IPC News - Our quarterly newsletter. Each issue is available as a pdf.
- Cal-IPC Symposium Proceedings - Presentations and papers from our annual Symposium.
- Don't Plant a Pest! - Select your region to find non-invasive alternatives to ornamental species. Also see our statewide brochure on trees.
- USDA PLANTS database -
Federal database with information on identification and distribution, and links to websites in individual states.
- Jepson Online Interchange for California Flora - Information on taxonomy, biology, and distribution from the UC Berkeley Jepson Herbarium.
- CalFlora - Distribution information by county based on submitted observations and herbarium specimens.
- CalPhotos - Images of plants taken mostly in California.
- Clines, J., J. DiTomaso, et al. (2004). Grasses working group. California Invasive Plant Council Symposium 2004. Ventura, CA.
Cal-IPC News Articles
- None for this species.