Source: California Invasive Plant Council
URL of this page: http://www.cal-ipc.org/ip/management/plant_profiles/Linaria_genistifolia.php
Linaria genistifolia ssp. dalmatica (Dalmatian toadflax)
Linaria genistifolia ssp. dalmatica
Linaria genistifolia ssp. dalmatica (Dalmatian toadflax) is an herbaceous perennial that was introduced as an ornamental. It can be found in disturbed open sites, fields, pastures, degraded rangelands, roadsides, agronomic and perennial crops. This weed is most commonly found in northern California, but can sporadically occur in other areas. Infestations often form large colonies, displacing desirable vegetation.
Jepson Manual, 2nd Edition: Linaria dalmatica subspp. dalmatica
Cal-IPC Inventory rating: Moderate
Cal-IPC Resources on Linaria genistifolia ssp. dalmatica
- California Invasive Plant Inventory Plant Assessment Form - Information gathered by Cal-IPC on the impacts, rate of spread, and distribution of invasive plants in California. Does not include management information.
- CalWeedMapper - Statewide maps, climate models, and reports.
- Cal-IPC News - Articles from our quarterly newsletter. Each issue is available as a pdf. List of articles on Linaria genistifolia ssp. dalmatica.
- Cal-IPC Symposium Proceedings - Presentations and papers from our annual Symposium. List of articles on Linaria genistifolia ssp. dalmatica.
Cal-IPC News Articles
- Brusati, E., D. Morawitz, et al. (2011). Prioritizing Regional Response to Invasive Plants in the Sierra Nevada. Cal-IPC News. 19: 4, 5, 10.
- Ogden, J. E., M. Renz, et al. (2007). "Dip-and clip": A new treatment for herbaceous weeds. Cal-IPC News. 14: 7.
- Richardson, B. (2004). The A-rated north. Cal-IPC News. 12: 4-5,14.
- Donaldson, S. (2003). Fighting weeds in the Tahoe basin. CalEPPC News. 11: 7.
Cal-IPC Symposium Proceedings
- Erskine-Ogden, J., M. J. Renz, et al. (2007). Managing herbaceous perennials in the Tahoe Basin. California Invasive Plant Council Symposium 2007. San Diego CA, California Invasive Plant Council.
- Pirosko, C. and S. Schoenig (2004). Forbs working group. California Invasive Plant Council Symposium 2004. Ventura, CA.
- Donaldson, S., W. West, et al. (2003). Getting the job done: Working within the regulatory environment at Lake Tahoe to manage weeds. California Invasive Plant Council Symposium 2003. Kings Beach, CA.
- O'Connell, R. A. (1999). The state of California's noxious weed eradication programs. California Exotic Pest Plant Council. Sacramento, CA.
- O'Connell, R. A. (1997). Hydrilla: A case study: The state of California's noxious weed eradication programs. California Exotic Pest Plant Council Symposium '97. Concord, CA.
Other Resources on Linaria genistifolia ssp. dalmatica
- USDA PLANTS database - Federal database with information on identification and distribution, and links to websites in individual states.
- Jepson Online Interchange for California Flora - Information on taxonomy, biology, and distribution from the UC Berkeley Jepson Herbarium.
- CalFlora - Distribution information by county based on submitted observations and herbarium specimens.
- The Nature Conservancy Management Summary - Information compiled by TNC land managers. Photos included for some species.
- Encycloweedia - Plants rated as noxious weeds by the California Department of Food and Agriculture.
- CalPhotos - Images of plants taken mostly in California.
- Natural Resource Projects Inventory - State database with information on resource management projects throughout California. Query by the species of interest.